Why should we work together?
I’m a back-office professional who polishes written content for front-office colleagues and online visitors. During my corporate career, I’ve reviewed short-form pieces, documented editorial style and CRM standards and processes, trained co-workers, performed data entry and classification tasks, and provided content management support. Contact me for help with microcopy, social media posts, CRM projects, brand voice development services, and more.
Internships, entry-level opportunities, mid-career positions, and project-based assignments appeal to me because I recognize that mentorship goes both ways and learning is a lifelong quest.
My experience includes:
- Writing product descriptions for select window treatments.
- Ghostwriting mini-articles targeted to business owners, marketers, and sales professionals. Topics I’ve covered range from brand standards, proofreading tips, and font choices to website accessibility, holiday marketing (for Easter), virtual marketing and productivity tools, video call etiquette, and interactive and intergenerational campaigns.
- Developing thumbnail biographies based on written responses to questionnaires. Among the executives for whom I’ve prepared biographies are Tim Erdmann and Felicia Donaldson of accounting and advisory firm Plante Moran.
- Copyediting B2B and B2C materials in numerous genres. Recent work includes landing page and blog content.
- Creating and revising departmental manuals, presentations, and tip sheets. I’ve helped organizations build and refine their brand voice and process requirements, and I’ve maintained the relevant materials in a content management system. Further, I’ve produced ad hoc IT one-pagers like this one and codified procedures for keeping CRM lists clean.
- Preparing a case study that illustrates my approach to editing.
Want to know more?
Please note that I’m a U.S. citizen and Canadian permanent resident. I’ve worked in fully remote environments for more than eight years, and virtual/telecommute assignments are my typical preference, but I’m amenable to in-person opportunities with the right Vancouver-area organization.
Featured image courtesy of Pexels.